Kolt and I are headed down to Salt Lake for the first leg of our journey to Las Vegas tomorrow, so I thought I'd just pop in for a minute and do a brief update. Not that my life is all that interesting that I need to update once a week, but still...I like blogging :)
My mom is home and well, and recovering. She's lost a LOT of weight, down 12 lbs in two weeks (and for those of you who've never met her she's a skinny minnie as it is) so she looks really frail and fragile, but we're working on that. She's walking a little on the treadmill everyday, she did .5 miles today, and seemed quite proud of herself. She's down a lot on her pain medications too...so overall she's doing well. Well enough to watch our dogs while we leave this weekend which we all know is no small task with the rascals that they are!
I got to work 4 days this last week while I was in Salt Lake and it reminded me just how happy I am that I don't work there full time anymore. It's just busy and stressful and I don't need that in my life right now. Once a month is perfectly fine, people always seem thrilled that I'm there and it makes me feel appreciated!
Other than that, not much else is going on. Oh, I guess I got my hair colored and it's pretty bold for me. There's like 4 different colors in it, it's sassy and I like it! I'll put up pics once we get back from Vegas that will show it off nicely! I'm so excited to finally get to meet the woman I consider my 2nd best friend. Sounds silly that I've never met her, but I love her to death and I know we'll be life long friends and this is just the first of many times we'll get together!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Glad your mom is doing better!! Have fun in Vegas!! You are gonna be shocked at how much it has changed!!! So nice not having to be full time at work!!! I don't know how we did it for so long!! Glad they appreciate you though! More importantly, glad you like blogging! YAY!! You should have started one years ago!!! :) Drive careful!
ReplyDelete