I'm sure some of you have wondered if I've fallen off the face of the Earth. Well the answer is no, I just really haven't had anything fun or new to write about. But I've figured since it's been SO long since I've written, that maybe this situation we're stuck in is in and of itself something to write about.
So Kolt and I have decided that it really is time we change some things. Not that we don't love living with my parents, but it's so hard not having our own place. The only problem with this is there is no place to rent in Preston. We've looked in the papers, we've driven around everywhere and as far as we can see there just isn't anything. So this means we would need to buy something. We've found an absolutely amazing house in Cub River just south of town. It's practically our flippin' dream house. It's almost 5000 sq ft, 5 bed, 5 bath, mother in law apartment so it has two kitchens and two dens. It's gorgeous, at least from the pics, and it's SO stinkin' cheap it's unreal. We figure it is so under priced that it is a huge investment opportunity. We realize it may take five or ten years, but that's ok, because the return would be huge. They've come down over $150,000 in price. However, in order for us to be able to afford it, or any decent house for that matter, I need a job. I've been looking and looking for a job, and I probably could get some B.S. job that pays $7 or $8 an hour, but I didn't go to college to work at a gas station, you know? Plus it really doesn't make enough to cover what we would need anyways. I want something that I can really get into and work my heart out for. Something I can be proud to say I do. Is that so wrong?
So for now we're just stuck. We've looked at maybe moving farther north, even though we really don't want to. There are a lot of great jobs for me in the Idaho Falls area, but nothing for Kolt. I never thought I'd see the day when an RN would have a hard time finding a decent job. So what it amounts to is where there are jobs for me, there are none for Kolt and where there are jobs for Kolt there are none for me. What are we supposed to do???? For now all I know to do is look online everyday for a job, I've asked my mother-in-law for help to see if she could call in a favor on my behalf since she used to work here in the field I'm interested in, and just hope that something pans out for us.
I think we can both feel the tension of the situation we're in, not having our own things or our own place, not being able to have our cars in a garage, just the little things that we were used to that we don't have anymore. We were very independent at such a young age, and it feels like we've taken a huge step back. That combined with having no clue what our future holds at the moment is just really starting to wear us down. Kolt has submitted his petition for his health issues to the higher up medical authorities in the Air Force and we are just waiting for them to let us know if they'll accept him or not. I'm beginning to think that maybe at this point he should just sign on for three years and start into the Air Force now, then go to grad school like we had originally planned. I haven't mentioned this to him and I don't think he'll agree, but at least it gets us moving forward in our lives. I'm just so tired of being stuck, unable to move forward or back, not progressing, just hovering in this land of no opportunity. I hope to sometime soon have some good news to tell you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment