Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Day 6 of the Separation

Well, Kolt arrived in Alabama on Saturday safe and sound. He was able to meet some fellow officers and have dinner the night before COT began, unfortunately none of them are in his flight. (Flights are groups of 9-12 men and women, and everything they do while in COT is with their flight).

I was able to talk to him briefly last night and he sounded so drained and overwhelmed. I asked him what he did that day and he really couldn't tell me anything. He said there was a lot of yelling, but they didn't do any of the things we thought that they would. I was pretty worried about him because he just sounded so exhausted, and it was only the first day and he had gotten a good night's sleep prior. He told me he didn't have a roommate, but I guess last night he got one at midnight, no clue why so late. This roommate snores very badly and Kolt said he only got 2 hours of sleep and to top it off he forgot to buy ear plugs and wouldn't have a chance to go back to the store until the weekend. Poor guy.

We have been able to text a little and I've been grateful for any contact I have with him. I was expecting to hear nothing from him for this whole first week and he called last night and texted today! It helps a lot to be able to have even just one text from him, I'm such a baby! I don't know how wives did it even ten years ago before texting and cell phones. My Aunt Laura and all of the other wives from past generations are my heroes!

I am doing pretty well. I had a hard time saying good bye to him yesterday when I thought we wouldn't be able to talk at all, but now that I know I can get even one text I'm better. I've been eating well and working out like crazy and am right on track for my 20lbs in 5 weeks. At this point I'm down 3 lbs in 5 days, and very happy with that.

We got our storage unit moved today and that was a LONG day. They arrived 3 hours late and took much longer than I thought to get it loaded, but they were nice and I'm happy to have it done. Just one more move next Tuesday then I'm all done for now. Woohoo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment