Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Lots going on!





So we're in the middle of our October awesomeness. My sister Piper just left, we had our 8th wedding anniversary, and Kolt got promoted to 1st LT today. We're leaving next Thursday for Utah/Idaho, yay!

Having Piper here was wonderful. She's had
kids since I was 10 and I realized before she came that we've never really gotten to just hang out without having to run around and take care of her kids. Of course Leila is here now, but all you do is snuggle her, so she's easy :)
We went shopping and spent time with some of her old friends and just got to BE together. It made me realize just how much I miss her, and all her kids. Taking her to the air port today wasn't too hard because I know I'll see her again soon, otherwise I'd have been a mess!

Monday was our 8th wedding anniversary. Piper watched Leila for a few hours on Sunday night and we went for a drive and out to dinner with one of Kolt's S200 buddies. To be honest, I have no clue what he was doing there and it wasn't the most romantic date we've been on (his friend has ADHD something fierce though and he was rather entertaining to hang out with haha), but it was nice to just get out and be alone. I had a hard time leaving Leila though, I cried when we pulled away. I was also very anxious most the 2.5 hours we were gone, but Aunt Piper swears she did great and so hopefully the next time I leave her I won't worry so much.

Today was Kolt's pin on ceremony for his promotion to 1st LT. It was great to go up to the army hospital and watch it happen. I got to pin on one bar and our friend Capt. Annie got to do the other. We had Kolt's mom on the phone so she could listen in since she couldn't be there. Even though this promotion is a given and he's still "just" a LT, I'm so proud of him. Watching him raise his hand in front of the flag and swear to protect and defend the constitution just sends chills up my spine. In a time where most Americans in my opinion take for granted the freedoms we enjoy as citizens, it's nice to be reminded of how those freedoms came to be, courtesy of our military past and present.




1 comment:

  1. Sean noticed the Majors "JUST" comment, too. I know he was kidding, but still...no respect.

    Happy Anniversary! I want to hear more about this tagalong anniversary date. :D

    ReplyDelete