What I am sad about is leaving behind the friends I've made here. In one year I've made some fantastic friends and I will miss them terribly. Chrissy and her boys in particular, and not just because she takes such awesome pictures either (although she does), but because she's the only friend I have that "gets it." I have some amazing friends, but she's the one I go to when I'm frustrated, sad, anxious, scared or whatever about this deployment. She's been there, she knows, and nobody else does. He hasn't even left yet and there's still a bond among women who go through a deployment that no one else can understand or relate to, though they try. And besides that, she just gets me. Our men are equally stubborn at it's nice to talk to someone who understands. You'd think 8 months isn't really that long, but her little boy just turned 2 and I watched the video she made about his 2nd year and I saw how much changes in that time period. How much kids grow up and how much even their moms do too. I'm going to miss her like crazy, thank goodness for texting, skype, and facebook!
Yesterday Kolt and I were out shopping, gathering the little essentials he needs to help make his deployment easier and out of no where it hit me, he's REALLY going to leave. I'm about to move cross country with Leila and he's going to leave, fly across the world and live in a war zone. Of course I've known this forever, but sometimes it just randomly really strikes me and it hurts, and I cry. That man may drive me crazy some times, but I LOVE him with a fire and passion that burns deep in my soul. I know we'll survive without him, I know we'll be just fine, but oh how I'm going to miss him.
My posts may be few and far between for a while, not sure how many people read this and who actually cares, but I do promise to keep everyone up to date.
Here are some pictures that Chrissy recently took for us :)
The true nature of Titus and Leila's relationship
<3
ReplyDelete