Today I went shopping with my sister and saw myself in my skinny jeans, new boots, and new top that I bought in a full length 3 sided mirror, I have to admit I was floored. I actually looked good. I'm not trying to brag or be cocky, this is just an actual realization that I never thought I would be able to say. I'm not fat any more, I can't believe it. I also found out that the size 30 jeans I wear are equivalent to a size 9, a NINE!!! I can't believe it. I know I can keep working and get down to a 29 or a 7 too. Who would have ever thought 83 pounds and a size 18 W ago that I'd be a 9? I have to keep reminding myself constantly to be proud of all I have accomplished, and refuse to let a weekend of bad eating drag me down. I'm human, I'll mess up, but it's about taking control and moving on and keeping true to your goals.
Monday, December 26, 2011
Keeping it Real
Since I've been on my high horse a lot lately about how much weight I've lost and what I've done to do it, I feel like I need to be honest about my Christmas weekend. I had about 2 days of total crap eating. Chips.....chips KILL ME. I love them so much and it's hard for me to eat just a few and so I certainly had plenty. Also pie and cake and ice cream, a few bits of Christmas candy....sigh. I felt like crap the whole time I was eating it and yet I couldn't make myself stop. It was scary to realize THAT is how it happens. Just a bite of this, a bite of that. And then 'well today is ruined I might as well enjoy the rest of the food' and then "well just this weekend, then Monday I'll get back on track." Thankfully, today I was able to go back to eating healthy, I haven't been able to work out since last Wednesday though and it's killing me! So I have to be extra careful with my diet until I can. It really is just that easy to slip and slide down the trail of unhealthy and over eating though, and now I really do know, I can't cheat on my diet, not until I'm at my goal weight, whatever that is. I am excited to be in maintenance mode, I'll be able to eat 1000 more calories a day! (probably won't, but I could.) I'll be there soon enough, hopefully just a few more months.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment