Not much going on in the world of Harris. My pregnancy is going well so far, though I've already gained a ton of weight. It is what it is, but it seems like unless I starve myself I gain 1-3 pounds a week, ug. I know I will lose it, but am frustrated at how quickly it's piling on. Oh well, I'm healthy, baby is healthy, and in 4 months I can work on losing it.
I had my 10 year class reunion this past weekend. I didn't actually graduate from Alpine High School, but I spent my entire childhood there and my old best friend was in charge of the planning and very thoughtfully invited me. We went back to Alpine and had a great time. I hadn't been since 1998 but everything was pretty much the same. My classmates were friendly and warm, even to Kolt. My old house was updated, but still mostly the same as I remember. It was fun to go and we plan on going back in the winter so we can go to Big Bend Natl Park as well and do some outdoor activities.
Leila is gorgeous and hilarious as ever. Also frustrating, stubborn, and picky as hell. But we love her to death and she keeps the day interesting. She talks up a storm, speaking in full sentences all of the time now and says some of the funniest things. She likes to pick out her clothes and ours as well. She doesn't like the dogs or Kolt to snuggle me at all so I'm quite worried about how she'll adjust to the new baby. It's going be hard, I know, but I try not to stress because I know it does no good.
We're headed back to Idaho in a few weeks for a couple of weeks and we're both really excited. Going out to Alpine and being in the mountains made us both home sick. We plan on having both Kolt and Leila's birthday parties while we're out there. I had grand plans of a gorgeous Minnie Mouse themed party for Leila, until I realized how much work it was going to be and I just didn't want to stress it. She doesn't care about homemade decorations or cute foods. So we're having it at the splash pad in Rexburg, pizza, chips, and maybe a homemade cake. I'm still debating going all out on the cake or just buying an ice cream cake. We'll see.
We have no name for this little boy. His middle name is Thayne, that much is decided, but all we have is _______ Thayne Harris. We like traditional, normal names so if anyone has suggestions, we'll take them :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Goodness! I know it may not seem this way to you, but I can't believe you have 4 months left, Sus! So stinkin' excited for y'all. I hope Leila will adjust easily to having a little brother. You're right..no reason to stress yourself over it now. And I saw what you did while Kolt was gone...those lbs. will come off with no problem because you are determined!
ReplyDelete