Sunday, May 10, 2009

He PASSED!

Ok, so I was trying to wait to post this until I had some good news of my own, but that can wait. Kolt has officially passed his military physical and we can FINALLY move on with the rest of the process of applying to the Air Force Nurse Corps. He will interview on the 22nd with the Chief Nurse (which I imagine will go amazingly well) and then we finalize and submit his application that day as well. The selection committee meets twice a month, but I don't know when exactly, so I would guess we'll hear back mid-June.

If all goes according to plan, then Kolt will go to 4 weeks of commissioned officer training (COT) in Alabama on October 19th. We will then move right before Thanksgiving (I would guess) to Lackland AFB in San Antonio, Texas. He is signing on for 3 years, and then will go to graduate school to become a nurse anesthetist. I know this is all if everything goes perfectly, so it is subject to change and don't quote me on any of it. I am just SO thrilled that we are moving forward at last.

My good news will hopefully come tomorrow or the next day. I had a follow up job interview with Bear River Mental Health and feel it went VERY well. I am planning on getting a job offer tomorrow! But if not, that's ok too. I'll find something soon enough.

1 comment:

  1. awwww congrats sweetie!!!! I was hoping you would be closer to me though lol

    ReplyDelete