Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Minor setback, but no biggie

Ok, so Kolt isn't having his interview this Friday :( I guess the Chief Nurse was reassigned somewhere else and the temporary replacement can't meet with him until mid June. Probably around the 19th or so. It's not a big deal, it just means we have to wait longer to submit his application and wait longer to know where we are going. BUT the recruiter said it's pretty much guaranteed he's in so to plan on training in October! That made me so happy and replaced my anxiety over moving the interview. I am SO happy to finally be able to plan on this and have a date. This means we will be moving right before Thanksgiving. I couldn't be happier! This way Kolt doesn't have to be in Alabama when it's 100 degrees out and he still gets a little hunting in before we go away. Pretty much everything we were hoping for.

Now we just have to wait until the end of July to find out where we are going. We're pretty certain it will be Lackland, AFB in San Antonio, but you never know. I am particularly anxious to find out because I've pretty much decided that when we get where we're going I want to finish school and get my Master's Degree. Depending on where we go and what schools are available will determine the program, but this is really the perfect time for me. I won't need to be working since we will have almost no debt and no house payment or utilities, so I can focus entirely on school. If I can go full time most programs are only around 30-40 credit hours and most of the last year is practicum hours. Even if we want to have a baby (which make no mistake, I do) I think we will be able to work this into it. But, I can't make any concrete plans until I know what schools I will have available to me.

At this point I can say that I am very happy with our lives. We finally have a future and direction, I am really excited about going back to school, we can start a family, we get to move away and start a new adventure. Over all things are looking great. I may have a job by the end of this week, in Preston, which is exactly what I wanted. I'll let you all know as soon as I do what's going on with that!

1 comment:

  1. Hey honey, sorry for the little setback but I am excited to hear about where you will be going!!! Love ya and miss ya!

    ReplyDelete