Thursday, April 1, 2010

Going to miss Kolt

Well we found out on Tuesday that Kolt has been selected for ASBC training (no clue what it stands for, so don't ask, lol) in Montgomery, AL. He will be leaving NEXT FRIDAY. I'm in quite a bit of shock because it's happening so fast, but we knew he needed to go to this training and we're happy that it's now and not later, either middle of summer when going into labor might be inevitable, or shortly after the baby is born. It just really caught me off guard and it's all happening so fast.

It's great that he's going, this training looks great on his reviews for promotions, but he also got selected for another training right at the end of ASBC so he'll be gone from April 9th to May 29th. I will go out and visit hopefully the first weekend in May, and then again for the last week of his training and drive back with him. So if it goes like I am hoping, we won't be apart for more than 3 weeks. I'm just a little scared about being here all alone. When he left for COT I was with family and friends the whole time, so I wasn't really alone. While I do have friends here, they live on the other side of the city so it's not like I can pop over every time I'm feeling lonely! I know I'll be fine, but I just hate that we're missing out on this time alone together.

We're hoping to take a trip to the Florida Keys soon. We wanted to go in May but now we can't, so we're hoping for June. One last hurrah before the baby comes. It should be a great trip, I just hope he can get the time off!

The baby is growing nicely and I'm feeling kicks all the time now. It is wonderful! We can even feel the baby from the outside now and Kolt and my sister Piper both have gotten to feel the kicks :) I have an ultra sound on April 7th, right before he leaves! As of right now we are still not finding out the sex, so it will just a be a good look at the baby and all of his parts!

I just got back from Idaho on Tuesday and spend a wonderful week with my family. I even got to go to my nephew Ethan's baptism which was an honor. The trip went by quickly and it was hard to say goodbye since I don't know when I'll see them again, but I'm glad I got the chance to go.

I'll update next week with pictures from our ultra sound!

3 comments:

  1. ASBC - Armed Services Basic Course

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, it's air and space basic course. Kolt looked it up for me. Thanks though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A night of blog hopping....Hope you will stop by and visit me....Enjoyed reading your blog tonight...

    Teresa
    http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete