Surprise surprise! We caved in and found out this week that we're having a beautiful little girl. My heart just melted when I saw her in the ultra sound room and realized that we're going to have a daughter. I've felt so strongly right from the get go that this little one was a boy that it nearly took my socks off.
Everything looked good (at least as far as we know) at the ultra sound. Baby girl has long arms and legs but her head circumference measure spot on for her due date, so looks like she's tall already :) She looked really skinny and lean in there too, maybe they all do at that stage. I swear she has her daddy's nose and lips, hopefully my eyes and hair! I can't wait to meet this precious child and hold her! 19 weeks to go!
On a not so happy note Kolt left today for Maxwell AFB in Montgomery, AL. He'll be there until May 28th, when he finally makes it home again. We've decided that most likely I will go out to visit on the 20th of May when his first training ends and before his second begins. That will be when we have the most time together. Right now it's feeling about fifty years away, but I hope the time passes quickly.
This week I should be taking care of my friends two daughters, ages 10 and 15 while she is out of town, and then the following week I'll be heading to Dallas to see my mom, aunt, and grandma and hopefully my friends as well. Those activities will definitely keep me busy, it's the remaining weeks after that that I'm worried will pass slowly.
Once we found out it was a girl I was all ready to get started on the nursery and buying clothes and things for our baby girl, but Kolt pretty much begged me to wait until he gets back to do anything in the nursery, so that will wait for him to get back. Basically my project while he's gone is to just clean and organize so when he gets back we can get it all done.
I will hopefully be having a shower in June and just started to work on my baby registry. I feel really overwhelmed at all of the things there are to pick and hope that we get a decent amount of supplies from the shower. At this point I'm registered at Babies-R-Us and no where else. If you are interested in getting our baby girl a gift (which of COURSE you don't need to, but if you feel the desire) you can look it up online at http://www.toysrus.com/registry/index.jsp with my name, Susannah Harris in San Antonio, Texas. Please keep in mind
if you look at it any time soon, it's VERY rough right now and I'll be working on fine tuning it over the next few months.
I'm sure you'll be hearing a lot from me over the next few months. I tend to want to write a lot when he's gone!
Congrats on your GIRL! I found your blog from your story on Tiffany's blog this week. I read the first paragraph and wanted to cry. I am ready to be a mom and have been for a good six months. My husband is not. He is overly practical and he stresses about finances. I am starting to really struggle emotionally with waiting. How did you do it? I have really meditated on the verse in the Bible that says "Seek the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart". I don't feel like I would have such a passion to be pregnanat and a mom if that wasn't the will for our family. Feel free to email me, I'm open for anything! I'm praying for you while your hubby is gone and for your sweet girl. Thank you for sharing your story.
ReplyDelete-Melissa
melissajasmine@gmail.com