Well I'm half way done with my time away from Kolt!! I spent the first week watching two of my friend's wonderful daughters. It was so nice to have the company and we had a great time.The next week I spent in Dallas at my grandmother's with her and my mom. This is a picture of my mom and me, look at my belly!!! She's finally starting to poke out :)
I also got to hang out with a very good old friend of mine, Katie. Katie and I grew up together but really hadn't spent any time together in 12 years. I got to spend 2 days with her and it was a blast. We still have so much in common and I wish we lived closer, but 4 hours is better than 2000 miles! I hope to see her a few more times this summer.
This last week I had a doctor appointment, 24 weeks. It went well. I've gained more weight than I wanted, a lot more, but it is what it is and I'm trying to be more careful and aware from now on. My belly measured 26.5 weeks (although I don't put much stock into the belly measurements) and my blood pressure and blood sugar are all looking good.
With the help of my friend Chrissy, we made baby girl a quilt this week! I don't feel like I did much but I did help sew and pick out the fabric! I think rather than go with a pre-done nursery I want to do my own based off of these colors. I've just fallen in love with the olive and cranberry and I think it will be very original. Hopefully I can pull it off!
One of my goals this week is to get the baby's room organized. There are two closets in her room and I want to empty out at least one of them. There is a decent amount of storage in this house, I just need to utilize it better. I want the room packed and cleaned so when Kolt gets home we can get to decorating!!
Kolt is having a really good time at ASBC. He's learned a lot and is enjoying the break from his regular RN duties I think. I talk to him most days and after this weekend he should be done with all of his big projects and will be able to relax more. This has been a good experience for him and it really hasn't been that bad for me. Granted I still have 3 weeks until I leave and I may get dreadfully bored but I am trying to keep busy!
Thanks to those of you who have been checking in on me and making sure I'm ok. I definitely have my hormonal days and days where I miss Kolt like crazy. I'm really disappointed that we won't get to be together on Mother's Day. It's the first one where I can officially celebrate it and I have a feeling the day will come and go and be nothing special as I'm here alone. But there's always next year!

No comments:
Post a Comment