I had the very distinct privilege of getting to be at the airport today when my friend Chrissy's husband Sean came home from deployment today. He's in the same unit as Kolt but I never got to meet him before he left for Afghanistan, so this was my first experience. I felt awful for her as his final leg home from Dallas was delayed by an hour (pretty much the WHOLE flight time as I think it takes about 45 minutes to get from here to there by plane.) It was a wonderful experience for me though and I'm so glad to have been a part of it. As much trouble as I was having last week thinking about Kolt potentially leaving next year, this made me feel better about it. They DO come home eventually. It's not forever, you get through it, they come home, and you move on. It's all part of the military life style we've chosen, and it's nice to see the flip side of a deployment: a beautiful reunion. Not that it makes me any more prepared to deal with it, but seeing the happy ending does help me to realize that it's worth it.
Alright, I'm going to try and get some sleep now. Hopefully I'm successful or I'm going to be a zombie tomorrow! Even more so than usual.
No comments:
Post a Comment