Thursday, July 15, 2010

Nursery Pic












This is a panoramic shot of the wall decal we put up in her room. The flash kind of distorted the wall color, it's a little more green than that, but you get the gist! Kolt spent 3 different evenings and about 7 hours putting this up. I think there was over 150 little flowers to put on the wall! It takes up a whole 12 ft wall and adds SO much to the room. I appreciate him so much for doing it as there is no way I could have!!

There isn't a whole lot more to take pics of at this point. We still have a large queen bed and headboard/footboard in there that take up the WHOLE room, so we can't set up her crib yet :( But since family will be coming to stay after she's born we'd figured they'd better have a place to sleep.

We do have other little decorative items, new handles that are flowers the same color as those on the wall to go on a shelf that we have, a beautiful lamp, and various Winnie the Pooh items that I've collected over the years that are on that shelf. We were going to make curtains but can't find fabric we love, and it's a HUGE window, so that makes it very expensive. At this point we've decided to go with a white curtain and just get a valance that matches the room, that seems to be easier to find.

We have pretty much everything we need for the baby. We went shopping last weekend and all we're really lacking at this point is a diaper bag! I found one online but Kolt seems hesitant to go on ahead and buy it because it's not available to see in person. But we do have to get one, and soon! We have just been SO unimpressed with the ones we've seen in stores here. I didn't think this would be that hard!

I've been having quite a bit of Braxton Hicks contractions lately. They picked up after our two days of shopping last week and seem to act up all the time now. Nothing painful or anything I can't manage, but just letting me know my body is practicing for the big day!

This whole pregnancy I've thought I would deliver a few days late, on August 23rd, but now I'm kind of thinking that I'll go early. Just subtle changes in my body that make me think maybe I'll go sometime during the 39th week, which would be wonderful!

Kolt's 30th birthday is coming up and I'm trying to come up with something special for him. I think I may send him out with some guy friends and go on a guided fishing tour on the gulf. I won't be able to go because I'm too pregnant at this point, but I know it would be so fun for him and I don't want his birthday to go unnoticed or overlooked because of the baby. Hopefully we can come up with something he'll enjoy!

I'm also thinking of celebrating my birthday early since I'll have a 3 week old on my birthday, doesn't seem like I'll be in the mood for much fun lol. I'm thinking a nice spa day with some of my girlfriends, and maybe Kolt and I can stay in a nice hotel downtown and do a late night river boat cruise or something. We'll see, but I'm looking forward to it!

I'll be 35 weeks tomorrow. Everyone keeps saying how little time there is left. On the one hand yes it seems like not that much, on the other it seems like she's never going to get here!

1 comment:

  1. Your nursery is adorable!! Time might go by slow for you now but when she gets here it will fly by so enjoy every minute I can't believe my baby is 1yr. !!:(

    ReplyDelete