We found out this week that the date we have for Kolt's deployment is the day he has to be there, not the day he leaves from here. So we just cut a week off of our time left together, but honestly, this is a good thing. My sister and her whole family will be in Idaho in June and I was just going to miss there visit before. It looks like now I'll get to spend a little bit of time with them and Leila will get to meet her, uh, second cousin, maybe? My niece is having a little girl next month, so whatever my niece's daughter is to Leila.....we'll just call them cousins. So all in all I'm excited. He's going to leave anyway, the sooner he leaves, the sooner her can come home.
Lifetime network has a new show called, "Coming Home" a show about deployed military members coming home to surprise their families. I watched a preview of it and I started bawling. I've been SO focused on him leaving, that I've forgotten about him coming home. What an incredible day that will be. I find myself fantasizing about it, imagining what that first hug will feel like after so long. I wonder how Leila will react after 6 months away from her daddy. I am trying not to wish my life away though. There are lessons to learn, trials to solve, adventures to take before he comes home next year. I'm trying the best I can to just focus on today and being in the moment and enjoying the fact that for right now, my family is together and happy. We can deal with the rest as it comes.
Tell Kolt "Thank You" from the Caron Family for all he does!!
ReplyDelete