Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Updates

We sent Kolt off to St. Louis on Sunday for a training. I cried at the air port when it came time to say goodbye. Not necessarily because he was leaving, because it's only for 2 weeks, but because I know the next time I say goodbye to him in uniform in that air port, it will be for a good long while. Time is just FLYING right now and I can't stand it. My baby girl will be 7 months in a few days, I have no clue where this 6th month went! We are moving out in about 6-7 weeks and saying goodbye to this house for good. Kolt's parents will be here in 5 1/2 weeks and that just blows my mind. There are so many little things happening up leading to the "big" thing, that it's happening so fast and I can't wrap my mind around it.

I was seriously stressed out about Kolt leaving and being totally alone with Leila. Not because I don't think I'm a good mom, but some days your baby has just been fussy all day long and you need a break. Thankfully, so far, it's been no big deal at all. I miss Kolt in the evenings especially, but for the most part she's a very good companion, and has been an angel. I'm so lucky to have such a good daughter. It's really funny to notice how much different this time apart has been different from our other experiences. Because I have a little one to take care of, all of my energy isn't focused on missing Kolt. Granted, it's been 3 days, but still, I can notice a big difference. Last night he didn't text me "goodnight" before he went to bed and in the past that would have broken my heart. Why? I have no clue, I'm needy I suppose. But I love that I don't NEED those things to make me happy anymore. It's nice, but not necessary, and I'm grateful that I'm maturing and growing in that way. Hopefully it only gets better as our time apart increases.

I've started Weight Watchers this week. I've lost a total of 50 lbs since Leila was born, but since January I'm only down 9 lbs and that's just not enough progress for me. WW accounts for breast feeding and that's a big reason why I decided to check into it. So far I'm really liking the online program, I'm a very visual person and it has little boxes to check off when you have a serving of water, veggies/fruit, dairy, etc. It's really made it obvious to me how little fruits/veggies I've been eating. It's rather embarrassing actually. I've got another 50 lbs to lose ideally and I think this program will help me get there. I've also restarted my Couch to 5k running program and hope to be running 3 miles 4-5 times a week in about 6 weeks. I'm also doing various other exercises on my off days, as the running is only 3 days a week, and I'm hoping to lose at least 5 lbs while Kolt is gone. 8 would be better but I try not to set super high goals, so I'm not disappointed when I can't make them. I'll update everyone weekly with my progress, I'm very optimistic about this!

No comments:

Post a Comment