Saturday, August 20, 2011

My Dearest Leila




My Dear Sweet Leila Punkin',

You're one today. I'll be honest and say this is hard for me. You are getting so big so fast! I love the little person you're turning into and I can really start to see glimpses of who you're going to be when you're older. You're going to be fiesty, proud, stubborn, brilliant, sweet, and always, always a daddy's girl.

You've done some pretty amazing things this year, you're learning to walk, and I really think you could, but you're still scared to try on your own yet, so you love to go for walks with me holding onto your fingers. I watched you roll over for the first time:



I've watched you learn how to eat:



I've been here for everything, and I always will be.

It's been hard with your daddy gone, but you my darling, make things so much easier for me. Thank you so much for being the sunshine that brightens my day. Thank you so much for being such an amazing person. I am so lucky to be your mother, I love you beyond words, and you will ALWAYS be my sweet little baby.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, i definitely LOVE the slide-show but i totally cried like a baby. I'm certainly not a mama yet, so i can't know just how bittersweet today was for you, but I just wanted you to know that at you were on my mind all day. And your beautiful little girl brought tears to my eyes in the best way imaginable. Love you all SOOO much.

    ReplyDelete