Thursday, January 20, 2011

Weight Woes and Plateaus

I decided to make this a separate post. I have hit the dreaded "plateau" with my weight loss. I started Jillian Michaels 30 day shred 6 days ago and have yet to lose a pound. I thought for sure by finally incorporating exercising that the pounds would just fly off of me, but just the opposite has happened. It has been so frustrating that I've been working my butt off and have nothing to show for it. I will keep at it though and hopefully by adjusting my eating I will be ok. I'm going to eat more, not less surprisingly enough. By incorporating healthy snacks and keeping my metabolism fed all day, I hope that will restart the weight loss. I think I've been eating way to little and I'm lucky my milk supply hasn't taken a hit. I think I've learned my lesson though. Wish me luck. If I get on the scale again to find I haven't lost any, I just may kill someone.

Also, Kolt and I have done some research and are attempting to eliminate as much high fructose corn syrup from our diet as possible. I've watched the commercials that are pro corn syrup and thought they made perfect sense, the problem is if you actually take the time to look at the labels on food it's in EVERYTHING. And I mean everything, so getting it in moderation is difficult unless you make a conscientious effort to avoid it. Kolt and I did this for the first time and it wasn't as hard as we thought, but you DO have to read labels. Also another note of caution, just because it says "Sugar Free" does not mean there is no corn syrup. In fact, it tends to have it more. Kolt was grabbing coffee creamer and reached for the sugar free one and it was sugar free, but had corn syrup instead. SNEAKY SNEAKY!

Kolt and I are just trying to make a good effort over all to eat better, whole grains, lower sugar, no HFCS, etc. Will we still eat junk? Of course, but less crap and more good quality food is what we're going for. One of the big reasons I want to make the switch is I don't want Leila eating that crap. I want only the best and healthiest things to go into her body, so why shouldn't I want that for myself? I hope this is the start of an over all life style change for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment