The cloth diapering consideration has come up before. I really thought about it before Leila was born, but got SO intimidated by all of the information out there and let it go. Now I've got a lot of fellow August moms who are going that route and it prompted me to look more closely at it. And the more I research, the more I love it. I LOVE the idea of never having to buy disposables again. I love the idea of having natural cloth on her little bum. I love how CUTE they are, being able to pretty up a diaper makes me smile. I have a little girl and EVERYTHING she has is adorable, why not diapers? Most of all I love the idea of the money I'll save in the long run.
There are some issues with it, with us moving away and traveling so much for the rest of the year. So that's something to really think about, but I still think I want to give it a shot. Cloth has come such a long way and is so different than most people think, than even I thought. It will be a bit more laundry, but that's all. Hopefully I can convince Kolt to let me give it a go, and see where we go from there!
In separate news, the housing situation seems to be resolved. Kolt called to complain about what we'd been told (that unless we paid for the house while we were gone, we likely wouldn't get one) and low and behold the lady he talked to said it was no problem. We could get on the list for December of this year and would more than likely have no issues getting into a house. YAY! However, I'm still quite peeved that I'm constantly getting jerked around by them. This happened the whole time Kolt was gone for training last year, I call to get something done and they treat me like I'm stupid and ignore me. He calls and magically everything is better. THAT is a big reason why I don't want to stay here while he deploys, because we can't count on them to take care of our needs unless Kolt is around to threaten them.
Lil Miss Leila is 6 months old now. 17lbs 4 oz, 26.5 inches, 70% for both, dropping off on her huge growth spurt finally, which is just fine with me. I don't want her getting to big too quickly!
Here are a few pictures of my little punkin. She has discovered her thumb. She doesn't suck it all the time, but occasionally I see her doing it. The other is a picture of Leila eating her new favorite food, chicken!


She is so cute!! I can't wait to start Mason on BLW! I've got to get him sitting first!
ReplyDeleteI'm like you... a totally different parent than I thought I'd be. I'm a conservative Republican who now identifies with "hippies" and definitely parents like one, LOL!!