Thursday, September 2, 2010

Second week as a new mom




Leila had her 2 week appointment today. She's now 8 lbs 5 oz, up from her 3 day check up of 7 lbs 2 oz!! I'm so relieved. I've kind of been able to tell that she's been gaining as she has some little rolls on her legs now, but it's nice to know for sure. She's been sleeping for long stretches at night (one night up to 5 hours) and rather than enjoy it and rest, I've been worried. Now I'm hoping I can relax and catch up on some sleep.

This week has been pretty uneventful. Kolt's parents went home, :( that was really hard. His mother was such an amazing help to me, I hardly had to lift a finger the whole week other than to hold Leila. She cooked and cleaned and just made transitioning home that much easier. Besides all of that, I adore his parents and miss getting to be around them more. The only thing that made it easier was knowing we're coming home to visit at the end of October.


Even though Kolt's parents have gone, my mother is still here and that has been wonderful. She is also an amazing help with Leila and the upkeep of the house, but I am trying to do more than just sit around and hold my baby. We made banana bread yesterday, and I'm hoping to actually start making some meals. Mom also prompts me to go on a walk at least once a day which is good. I was so gung ho to start running, I failed to realize how hard it would be to get back into it. I have some sort of stupid injury to my heal/achilles tendon. It's hard to describe but basically if I put on a shoe that has a back to it, it HURTS. It's almost like it's bruised when pressure is put on it. Kolt thinks it may be because I've worn flip flops forever and my foot is in dire need of good support. I'm going to give it to my 6 week check up and then ask my doc for a referral to a podiatrist or orthopedist. I HAVE to be able to run to get this baby weight off! I'll keep everyone updated as to how that goes.

The weather here finally seems to be cooling down. Well, I say that and what I mean by cool down is highs in the low 90s lol. In fact today the high is 87! What a relief that is. I'm hoping soon to see the end of the 90's and welcome the 80's. It probably won't get down to 70's until October, but it gives me something to look forward to.

Leila continues to be such a great baby. I hope she stays this great, if she does then being a mom really won't be so hard. I always heard how difficult it was to have a new born and we have yet to see why. Hopefully we aren't jinxing it, but she only cries when she's hungry or has a tummy ache, and she never cries for very long. She's so snuggly and happy, we're so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment