Thursday, September 16, 2010

Spoke a little too soon

This week has been a lot harder. I wouldn't say Leila has colic, but we've had some bad bouts of tummy aches and I just feel so awful for her. Wednesday night I did everything I normally do at bed time, sang to her, fed her, played calming music, rocked her, for over an hour and it didn't do any good. Kolt came to bed at midnight and took over and she was screaming for another hour before we finally got her burped enough to go to sleep. I'm hoping it's only temporary, but who knows. I've heard that colic usually sets in around three weeks, and she's four weeks now. I truly hope it's just been a few bad days and she'll be ok. I hate feeling helpless when she's screaming.

I keep trying to figure out if she has a schedule or not. Most of the days this last week she'd settle down for a long nap at 10:30 but the last two days that didn't happen. She ended up crashing around 1 and would wake up long enough to eat then go back to sleep on Thursday. This is all well and good except that it means she's not going to bed at a decent time and sleeping well at night. Friday she hardly slept at all during the day and did manage to sleep for 4 hours straight last night. It does seem that no matter what around 7 or 8 in the morning she's awake and doesn't want to sleep anymore. I need to just start getting up then and when she goes down for a nap around 10 or 11, get some more rest. It doesn't do me any good to try and get her to sleep longer so that I can when she doesn't want to.

Leila is getting bigger everyday. We ran out of the new born diapers and decided to just go on ahead and use the size 1 that we have. They're big, but they fit her. She is still in some new born clothes but is slowly graduating from them and moving on to 0-3 months. She really is such a sweet heart, I'm so lucky to be her mother!

I'm getting really excited for October! October 1st-3rd we're going to Laughlin AFB in Del Rio to visit our friends, October 6th Piper is coming to visit for several days, Kolt is getting promoted to 1st LT on October 5th I think, and then we're going home for two weeks!!! September is winding down and soon the awesomeness that will be October will be here :) That will be so much fun, not sure I can handle it all.

I have a friend here, Annie, that I wanted to brag about. She works with Kolt and is also known as Capt. Nesbit. Annie is in Maryland for a training for her upcoming deployment in November. She was out jogging the other day with some other officers and apparently one of them had a heart attack during the jog. Like full on collapse, unconscious, the real deal, heart attack. Annie, being the AMAZING nurse that she is, kept her wits about her and performed CPR on the man. He went on to have bypass surgery and is expected to make a full recovery. Thanks to Annie that man is alive today. She is truly a hero in every sense of the word and I'm so proud to know her and call her my friend.

The whole weight loss thing kind of sucks. I'm down 21 lbs so far, but I gained (can't believe I'm going to admit this) 47 during the pregnancy. So I've lost almost half of it, not really doing anything besides walking and some sit ups. I try to eat well but I'm not stressing over it yet. I'm looking forward to my 6 week appointment so I can get the green light to start running. I'm not going to lie though, the 1 mile walk I'm currently doing leaves me winded by the end of it, so it's going to be a LONG road back to a 5k. I keep meaning to look up a race in November to run, but haven't done it yet. I read on my friend Chrissy's blog that she plans on starting to run too, so maybe it's something we can do together. I will of course ask Annie and Kolt to run it with me, but they're in a league SO far ahead of me I can't hope to keep pace with them anytime soon. Eventually, I hope, but not yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment