




Well this week my mother went home and it's just been the three of us. I cried after she walked into the airport. Kolt looked at me and said "We'll see her again in a couple months, it's ok." I tried to explain that's not why I was crying. I mean, I will miss my mother, but I was crying because now we were officially on our own. No more moms around to do the laundry, or dishes. No moms to make three delicious meals a day. Just us.
We've actually done pretty well, although I will say our meals are struggling some what. I need to make out a menu so I don't have to stress about what to make every day, I think that will make things much easier for me. Kolt has still been home on paternity leave and we've mostly just been hanging out. However yesterday he went in to work for a meeting at 10am that I assumed would last an hour. At 1pm I get a text saying the leadership hadn't even shown up for the meeting yet and he would still be a long while. Leila and I did great though. She eats, sleeps, snuggles, repeat. Throw in an occasional diaper change and that was our day. I created her birth announcement and caught up with some friends with FB chat. It was basically like any other day before Leila came along, except I get snuggled all day now. Can't really complain about that. When Kolt came home is when she decided to get fussy lol. It actually lasted into the night and we are both dying today. Sucky thing is Kolt had to work an 8 hour shift today, Leila and I stayed in bed til 10:30. We didn't sleep much, but at least we got to relax. Now that we've gotten up and ready for the day, she's asleep, peacefully in her chair. Little stinker.
My birthday is tomorrow and at the moment, as far as I know, there are zero plans in the works. I had initially wanted to do a spa day, but none of my friends can go and I don't want to do it alone, so I'm back to square one. I've been debating asking a friend to babysit so Kolt and I could go out to dinner....but I'm not sure I can bear it. I've left Leila for an hour before but not any longer than that. I know she'd be fine and I'd be fine, but I wonder whether or not I'd actually be able to enjoy the night out because I'd be stressing about her. We'll see what Kolt comes up with but I kind of have a feeling 27 will be pretty uneventful. He unexpectedly had to go back to work yesterday and today, so any time he may have used is gone. But considering I got the BEST present ever this year, I can't really complain :)
We got Leila's new born pictures done this week. She is such a beautiful child. It's hard to see how much she's grown when I'm around her all the time but comparing her 3 day old pics to her 2.5 week pics, I can really tell how big she's getting!
Susannah,
ReplyDeleteYour daughter is absolutely beautiful. Im so happy and excited for you and your husband, who sounds like an amazing daddy. I can't believe how much you get done being a new mommy. With my first, Peyton, I couldnt even walk for a week. I was absolutely terrified to come home with her. With my second, Julianna, I was so excited to come home but was stuck in bed for three days after having such a bad headache from the epidural. I actually think you are very strong for going as long as you did before the epidural while on pitocin. I was induced with Peyton, and vowed to never do that again, and it was incredibly painful. When I was at a three with her I was in tears, no, I was balling, praying for the doc to walk in with that needle. I felt like I cheated when I had Julianna because when I was at a three with her it seemed doable. I still got the epidural, but I know for a fact that the pitocin intensifies the pain immensely. So, give yourself a pat on the back. I could go on and on about myself but I wont. I just wanted to congratulate you and husband. She is beautiful. Have a great time.
Vanessa
What a gorgeous little girl! She is so beautiful and tiny. I am sure you are loving every second of being a mom. Do, because it goes by so fast. They are never that small again!!
ReplyDelete