What did I tell ya? Kolt's gone and out come the random blogs. I really don't have much else to do, and it's a nice way to pass the time.
So today both my mom and dad were working and I've been able to spend the majority of the day alone, and it's been rather nice. I got on the treadmill today and ran 5k!!!!!!! That's 3.1 miles without stopping at all. I wish I had gone faster or could have gone faster I guess, but I'm just so proud of myself. 35 minutes of running without stopping to walk, that's impressive in my mind. Before I had my second miscarriage I was training for a 5k. I thought it would be a really great feeling to run a race and finish it, my eventual goal was to do a half marathon, but it was all interrupted when I lost the baby. Right after that we sold the house and had to pack and move and blah blah blah and I just never got started up again. Now that my mom and dad have a very nice treadmill right down stairs, it makes it SO easy to just hop on and go. I know that it's not the same thing as running outside, but it's a good start and a great workout. I'm hoping this summer to enter some races and do 5 maybe even 10k!
Kolt and I are beginning to make plans for valentine's day and I'm getting really excited. We're going to go down to Logan and stay in the Anniversary Inn I think, although I am now considering staying in the Sherwood Hills Resort, but haven't asked Kolt yet what he thinks. We were planning on going up there to go XC skiing anyway and I figured we may as well just stay there, we'll see. Either way it's going to be a blast and really good to get some alone time together. While it is so nice being able to pay so little in rent by living with other people, sometimes it's good to be alone and we're both really looking forward to it.
This weekend I'm going up to my sister's house to watch the super bowl, it should be a fun party. I haven't been to a super bowl party in years because we always worked the weekends. I'm bummed and Kolt's really bummed that he can't be there, but since we really don't care about either team, it's more about a social gathering than the actual game. There will be lots of good food there and I'm going to have to either work out really hard the day before and the day after, or resist a lot of the yummy goodness that is sure to be there!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment